Smoke Shop Distributors
Smoke Shop Distributors is all about satisfying the store’s needs in what type of products their customers demand. Smoke Shop Distributors want a product that has been established and will sell quickly. Contacting local Smoke Shop Distributors is a good first step to get a feel for what products do well in that market. Finding a distributor who already has an established relationship with independent specialty retailers is essential. The distributor and retailer relationship is important in product placement in Smoke Shop Distributors. If a distributor has a good reputation with an independent specialty retailer the process of getting products into the store is a lot smoother.
Building a relationship and a positive track record is a very important part for the distributor. It is important for the distributor to do some research on what kind of specialty products do well in each specialty store, which can be dependent on where they are located. If a product does well in one independent specialty store the likeliness the distributor will put it in other stores is high. In Smoke Shop Distributors and independent stores in general it is all about shelf space and what sells well will claim that shelf space. Products that do not, will be given less space or no space in order to move in a new product that sells well.Smoke Shop Distributors look for products that are innovative and will set them apart from competitors. So, new products have a better chance of making it into an independent specialty store vs. a big box retailer. An independent specialty store will have a stronger personal relationship and knowledge with products compared to big box stores as well.
This is beneficial to everyone involved because having knowledge about the product in stores will improve sales.In order to get a product into an independent specialty market contacting the correct distributor is the first step. The next step would be sending samples and other pertinent information to that distributor if requested. They like to see proof of sales and selling points of that product. Communicating about price points and minimum order quantities is very important. If the distributor likes the product and thinks it would be a good fit for their route they will purchase the product.If the product does well in stores, the distributor will continually order more.
Proof of sales will bring more orders and getting in contact with other distributors in other parts of the country is the next step. A product with proven sales in a few Smoke Shop Distributors will make its way to Smoke Shop Distributors all across the nation through different distribution channels. Establishing and building relationships with distributors is the best way to get products into Smoke Shop Distributors.
Here are the 6 steps you need to take to have your product picked up by a distributor.
1. Start with the right questions.) Before you try distributing your product, you need to ask yourself a few basic questions. Do you need to build demand for your product, or is there already a demand for it? Do you know that the distributor would be interested in selling your product? If you can strike a deal with them, can you handle the production volume? Do you want to sell directly to the distributor, or do you want to license your product to a manufacturer that will handle distribution?
2. Be prepared to profit.) Does your product offer enough of a profit margin for a distributor? Can you sell your product at a reasonable enough profit to cover the packaging, shipping, commissions, marketing and wholesale distribution? Check the distributor’s guidelines for other fees that you will have to build into the cost of your product in order for you to be able to turn enough of a profit to make the effort worth your while. If you work with a discount retailer, they will try to strip your profits down to zero in order to keep their prices as low as possible.
The typical breakdown of margins are: If a products costs $1 to produce, that product will retail for $4. That product that retails for $4 will wholesale for $2 to distributors and stores that purchase direct. Big box retailers like Walmart may offer to pay $1.25 to the manufacturer if the product costs $1 to produce. That is the typical profit margin.
3. Determine if the distributor is the right one for your product.) The relationship between you and the distributor starts with you browsing the store’s that they service for competing products. If the stores already has a similar product, it is going to be very difficult to get your product picked up. Picture in which zone your product would best fit on the shelf and keep in mind that the most precious asset that these big box stores value are their shelf space. Keep this information in mind when you are preparing your presentation to the distributor.
4. Pitch your product.) Decide whether it will be you or a representative to present your product to the distributor. Your presentation depends heavily on your strengths as a businessperson as they will most likely ask financial questions and logistics questions.
It’s common for companies to hire a broker to pitch their product to a distributor, as it will be more likely that your product will make it to the next stage if the individual pitching your product has industry knowledge or a personal relationship with them. The percentage of commission verses, however generally a broker will take around 5% to represent your product.
We at Mr. Checkout have experience dealing with brokers and know that there are several retail brokers that have poor business practices that can potentially damage your brand. If you are seeking a legitimate broker, please give us a call for a recommendation. It could save you a huge headache and a lot of money.
5. Complete the required paperwork.) Often a distributor will have you go through an application process. However, before submitting the paperwork required, you should contact them and let them know your intentions. Having a contact inside of the company will potentially move your application more smoothly through the process.
6. Anticipate the need for increased volume.) Having a distributor pick up your line will most likely mean a significant increase in volume. You should be prepared to ramp up your production and informing your manufacturer of this opportunity.
Having production, logistics and distribution to sync is not only difficult, it requires a significant amount of time invested in customer relations. Also, distributors may have stipulations in the contract that may penalize you for delays in shipping and production. Have an attorney explain all contracts to you if you don’t understand the terms.
If you’re looking to distribute your product through a distributor, be sure to thoroughly assess the marketplace, carefully prepare for production growth, and take full advantage of resources available to help you grow your business.
Top 6 Smoke Shop Distributors
Just like food items, smoking supplies are very much needed, if not daily. Smoke shops try to meet these demands. However, they need distributors to get the products to them. Distributors are a very important link in the supply chain. They source for these products from the manufacturers within and outside the United States and ensure that they have the different variants available for the final consumers.
There are about 1 billion smokers in the world. This number is increasing with the legalization of marijuana and the increasing market share of e-cigarettes. This is a large market with a very high turnover rate. Smoking supplies are replaced constantly and so it puts the revenue and demand in this industry on autopilot.
In no particular order, the list of smoke shop distributors would be given subsequently:
They pride themselves as the ultimate smoke & vape shop supplier. They carry JUUL compatible pods, VGOD STIG & Puff disposable e-cigs, CBD products, e-liquids, vapes, glass pipes, sea pods, SKOL pods and many other pod systems. They price match if they can’t beat your current price (proof must be present).
Wholesalevapor.com is a USA based vape shop supply company that distributes the latest in wholesale vaping supplies to vape shops around the world. Wholesale Vapor’s product offering includes wholesale vape juice, wholesale CBD vape juice, wholesale e-liquid, wholesale vape pods, wholesale CBD vape juice, wholesale compatible CBD pods, and more.
MWI (Mike’s Worldwide Inc)
Mike’s Worldwide Inc. is an international manufacturer and distributor of quality grinders, glass pipes, incense, oils, vaporizers, e-liquids, and smoking accessories. They have the newest and hottest selling products in the smoke shop industry.
Vape Café and CBD
Since 2015, The Vape Cafe and CBD offers high quality CBD products such as lotions, pet products, e-liquids, and more. They have great daily deals and specials and outstanding customer service. They hold high regard for each customer and every order. The Vape Cafe CBD is a family ran business in Las Vegas and Iowa. You can find them online at VillageVapeCafe.
Hybrid Health, Inc
Hybrid Health offers high quality, lab tested wholesale USA Hemp CBD products such as oils, topicals, edibles, vapes, tea and many others. The company’s goal is to enable our retailers to easily and profitably offer CBD products to your customers while bringing wellness to communities everywhere.
Wholesale Distributor – JUUL, SOL, STIG, Myle, Eon
Authorized Distributor for JUUL, SOL, myBlu, BO, Logic, Myle, 4X Pods, Eonsmoke, Sea Pods, Nano, Viigo, POSH, Stig, Vapo, Salt Kulture, Freemax, Ijoy, Joyetech, Kangertech, Sigelei, SMOK, Vaporesso, Voopoo, Yocan, Banana Brothers, Davinci, Dr Dabber, Grenco Science, Kandypens Suorin and thousands of more products at wholesale prices.