Patience is for Doctors…
Do you have a retail ready product?
Mr. Checkout is a national association of independent wagon-jobbers and full-line distributors. We distribute product to approximately 35,000 independent stores around the country and are always seeking the next hot new product. If you have a product, we want to hear from you!
Patience is for Doctors… and Distribution
- Get in contact with your locally owned stores. That’s right, an independently owned convenience store or gas station has a store manager. And they are typically involved with or make the purchasing decisions. It might be not be the most nerve wrecking thing you do in your professional career, but you have to do it.
- Before you walk-in and speak with the store manager, “practice your pitch.” Ask a colleague or a friend to help you get the conversation started. Or picture the manager naked, whatever works best for you, just come prepared.
- When you finally work up the courage to enter the store, don’t come off too pushy. Nobody likes a pushy salesman, but DO believe in your product and let your passion for it show.
- Be prepared for rejection. Don’t worry, you can handle it.
- If you don’t get rejected, unlike like your high school crush, have plenty of samples and literature to leave them. The more the merrier, plus who doesn’t like free stuff?
- Lastly, give them time. The store’s manager is always the busiest employee, hence the job title. If they don’t review your product right away, it doesn’t mean they don’t like it.
If you have a product, we want to hear from you!
Zinnia is delighted to be part of the Mr. Checkout team! She studied Communications at the University of Central Florida and has more than 10 years in retail management experience. Her areas of specialty included the clientele services, operations, and luxury sales. Working closely with people, her attention to detail, and following-up comes naturally to Zinnia. She enjoys photography, traveling, and spending time with her son.