Become one of the extreme couponer and save an extreme amount of money by using legitimate couponing methods, keeping a conservative stockpile of items that can pack your pantry or fit onto an extra shelf or two. And, buy what we need for yourselves, your family and your donations without clearing shelves in the supermarket. All from only a few extra hours work a week.
Tons of people have saved thousands of dollar each year by using these easy coupon strategies. All it takes is a little time, organization and you will be able to stock your pantry for so much less. Here is all you have to know to get started with extreme couponing:
Know Where to Find Coupons?
Obviously, having coupons is the first thing you need to get started. But, where do you find them all is usually the first question you should ask yourself. These days, there are so many more options to getting coupons from paper to printables to electronic coupons. Here are top 4 ways to find the best coupons:
1. Inserts in your weekly paper– these are inserts that vary each week in your Sunday paper.
2. Printable Coupon:You can print off coupons online. Most all coupons can be printed two times per computer. If you have a laptop and a desktop you can get 4 coupons to use. You simply either need to hit the back button after a coupon is done printing and it will reprint or you will need to go back and re-select the coupon and print again. We, also, want to present you one of the best resources to find online coupons:
com is the largest database of online printable manufacturer coupons. You can often just go to couponchief.com and find items that you may have on your grocery list and print them off there.
3. Magazines – Look for magazines with coupons. You can find them on displays or hanging from the shelf.
4. eCoupons– These are becoming more and more popular. eCoupons are coupons that load onto your store loyalty card or your smart phone. They are deducted at the register when you make a qualifying purchase.
Know When to Use Coupons?
Clipping and using coupons is one of the first step in saving on your groceries. Knowing when to use your coupons is what will get you the biggest bang for your buck.
1. Wait for a sale – Waiting to use your coupons when the items go on sale is the secret to saving the most money. Don’t waste your coupons on full price items. Hang onto them for the lowest price sale and then use that coupon.
2. Follow Sales Cycles – Sales on products usually run in cycles of about 8-12 weeks. Also, sales follow cycles of holidays and events throughout the year. For instance, snack and finger foods always go on sale around Super Bowl and candy goes on sale in February for Valentine’s Day.
3. Buy at the Lowest Price – This goes along with the first point which is wait for a sale. If you wait for that item to go on sale, you are able to get it at it’s lowest price, combined with a coupon and even a store promotion.
Know How to Use Coupons?
Have you asked your customer service department at your store if they accept competitor coupons? If not, you should! There might be some ways to save at your store that you didn’t even know about. Here are some things you should ask your store so you know that you are taking advantage of every savings opportunity:
1. Double Coupons – Does the store double coupons? If so, does a $0.50 coupon double up to $1? Does a $0.75 double up to $1.50? Is there a limit to the amount of coupons that double? Make sure you understand exactly how their double coupon policy works.
2. Stacking Store Coupons – Make sure to ask the store if they allow you to use a store coupon with a manufacturer coupon. This is called stacking coupons. Although you can never use two manufacturer coupons on the same product, you can, for most stores, stack a store coupon with a manufacturer coupon.
3. Competitor Coupons – Does your store accept competitor coupons? Make sure to ask. If they do, it is even more of a savings opportunity.
Now that you know the three basic steps to saving at the grocery store, what are you waiting for? Get going and SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!