- Headquarters: Bellingham, Wash., 360-733-8720; Irving, Calif., 949-654-4246.
- Leadership: John Clougher, CEO
- Annual sales: $420 million (est.) (Pre-acquisition sales of original 18 stores)
- Date FY ended: 12/27/14
- Store count: 164 (up from Top 50’s 18 stores)
- Supplier: Unified Grocers
Since the publication of SN’s 2015 Top 50 Small Chains and Independents, where Haggen was ranked No. 39, Haggen has acquired 146 stores as part of the divestment process brought about by the Federal Trade Commissiona��s review of the Albertsons-Safeway merger. The deal expands Haggen from 18 stores with 16 pharmacies to 164 stores with 106 pharmacies; from 2,000 employees to more than 10,000 employees; and from a Pacific Northwest company with locations in Oregon and Washington to a major regional grocery chain with locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona.