How to get your product into Spencer’s Gifts
- Understand you client: Before you spend a lot of time and money creating a product, you should know if anyone will want to buy it. Learn more about Market Research
- Learn if it’s protectable: Know if you can defend your product against cheap copies if it gets knocked off. Learn more about Copyright and Patent your product
- Test your product: Make sure that there’s a demand for your product and the customer understands what you are selling when it’s on the shelf and nobody is there to explain it. Learn more about Product Testing
- Perfect your pitch: Before you speak to decision makers, know your numbers, know your retailer and know your logistics in and out. Learn more about Pitching Your Product
- Don’t do it alone: If you haven’t been successful in retail before, a secret of success is that you can’t do it alone. Having great sales staff, customer support and marketing partners can take you from zero to success faster than if you tried on your own. Learn more about Retail Partnerships
How to Get Product into Spencer’s Gifts
Spencer Spirit Holdings, Inc., is a lifestyle retail company operates two unique, national brands, Spencer’s and Spirit Halloween, throughout the United States, Canada and online.
Spencer’s is the mall destination for entertainment, excitement and fun. For over 65 years we have been offering unique product for the lifestyle of our core 18-24 year old guests, who are high energy, technologically savvy, edgy, demanding, independent and always inspired by humor and irreverence.
From the outset, Spencer’s quickly became an oasis within the mall environment offering our guests an entertaining experience both through its merchandising and product mix, and grew to a national chain by the mid-70’s. In 2003, under new management, Spencer’s lifted the bar higher and set out to reinvent itself. Remaining true to its roots, the reinvention process remained focused on Spencer’s strong history and commitment to irreverence, humor and fun. The result of this reinvention set Spencer’s on the path to greatness in a subtle shift from Spencer Gifts to Spencer’s in newly re-designed funky, industrial spaces with an award-winning downtown club look.
In addition to the company’s retail presence, Spencer’s has taken the frontline in the battle against cancer by fundraising on behalf of three organizations dealing with cancer issues for young people under 40. Since 2008, Boobies Make Me Smile has collected almost $2mm to support organizations like the Young Survival Coalition, stupid cancer.org and Fxck Cancer – all which work toward prevention, education and support of young people with cancer.
Today, Spencer’s operates over 650 stores throughout the United States, Canada and online, and is proud to be one of the longest running shows in the mall. Strong operating disciplines combined with our unique merchandising formula underpins our continued growth. We are committed to, and focused on, our core mission “Life’s a Party—We’re Makin’ it Fun!”
Contact Mr. Checkout Distributors
At any time, there are hundreds of brands who are knocking on a retail buyers door in an attempt to get on their shelves. If you’re a small company or still trying to make a name for yourself in the industry, it’s best to contact Mr. Checkout Distributors who already have strong relationships with big box retailers around the country.
Mr. Checkout Distributors are always on the lookout for new products that have good margins and are ready for retail. When you put your trust in the experts, you have more time to focus on your business instead of worrying about fine tuning a last minute sales pitch to buyers.