Distributors in California
Distributors in California must become the experts about this territory in order to serve their retailers and suppliers. Knowing information about the different locations and independent retailers will help you target the right consumers and increase products’ sales.
What are the most populated areas of California?
California is the most populated state in America, with many large, well-known cities. Here’s a look at the cities with the largest populations within California:
- Los Angeles: Perhaps the most well-known city within California, Los Angeles is also the most populated, with almost 4 million residents.
- San Diego: Bordering the Pacific Ocean, San Diego has over 1.3 million residents that get to enjoy this view.
- San Jose: With close to 950,000 residents, San Jose is the tenth most populated city in all of America.
- San Francisco: Thanks in part to the tech boom, San Francisco has grown to over 800,000 residents, making it the fourth most populated city in California.
- Fresno: This city may fall behind Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose and San Francisco, but it’s actually the most populated inland city in California, with almost 500,000 residents.
When launching a new product or expanding sales on an existing one, it’s important for distributors in California to consider these highly populated areas.
What types of independent stores are there in California?
Distributors in California have a variety of options when it comes to independent retail stores, including:
In many other states, independent grocery stores go out of business when large chains move in, however that is not the case in the majority of California. Distributors in California should be aware that independent grocers often succeed where big chains cannot. These independent grocers are often targeted to niche, ethnic markets especially in densely Hispanic neighborhoods. Distributors in California need to be informed on the demographics of each area so they can pitch relevant products.
Liquor Stores & Smoke Shops
Because California has much more lenient liquor laws compared to states like New York, there are not as many independent liquor stores, however there is a large number of smoke shops due to the legalization of medical marijuana.
Wagon Jobbers in California
Wagon jobbers in California will most likely be delivering to multiple locations within a region. This means retailers can gain valuable insight into their competition by building a strong relationship with their wagon jobber. Wagon jobbers in California also have plenty of opportunities for product growth, since there is such a wide variety of independent retailers and consumers within the state.
Looking for a team of distributors in California? Contact Mr. Checkout Distributors to talk to a team of experienced and knowledgeable distributors that service over 35,000 grocery and convenience stores.